Thursday, July 3, 2008

We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things

What an odd turn of events, Sadie.
Here I've been thinking that we've
become a terrific set of friends,
even with all those unfortunate
roadblocks around us, that you
might have started to come around,
maybe see all the horrible mistakes
those roadblocks are (cue laughter,
because if I were saying it,
that would be more clear, really!),
but I discovered something today.
In the past, I have been able to
turn such relationships around by
sayingto myself, I'm just happy
to make her happy! if she can't
end up with me, but I've been
thinking, and today may have made
it more clear, that even as great
as we are, I'm not sure it could
go any further, even if it could,
even if we could tease it along
to find out, because there's something
fundamentally in the way, Sadie,
and it's a funny thing to find out,
like it's not supposed to be, no
matter how much we try. I wish
it weren't so, but maybe those
roadblocks were there for a reason.
But yeah, Sadie, I wish it weren't so.

The other thing I found out recently
was that Colorado, unlike every other
state I've lived in, is a battleground
political field, at least this year.
Barack Obama came to speak here
the other day, and I think I saw
his police motorcade pass by.

What thrilling times!

No comments: