Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lonely Planet

Stop ridiculing
persecuting
shaming
me for approaching
the world from a
different perspective.
There is no shell,
at least not any
your narrow perceptions
would notice.
So, fuck you.

***

It was a betrayal, Sadie,
plain as can be.
I trusted you to be
different from the others,
but you couldn't, you
finally confessed that
you're the same, and for
that, I can honestly say
I won't miss you when
you're gone.

***

It's so hard for me to breath
when the world is bearing down,
expecting me to feel like
I should just belong, when
I know from every angle
that I can never fit,
only wobble my way through,
get a laugh, share a joke,
shout in that quiet tone.

***

It's the end of a chapter,
then, isn't it, Sadie?
I am only trying to make
you understand, in the only
way I know how, and if I
hurt your feelings, know
you broke mine first.
I was looking back the other
day, and discovered I made
that note only in last May,
that I have made no progress
except a slip along the slide.
I'm Sisyphus, a metaphor,
no totem on a pole.
Don't say you know
when it won't count,
don't count on me
when you can't relate.

I sing a tune of one.

No comments: