Friday, June 6, 2008

World Wide New Fade

Here's the thing
about the New Fade.
It should not be
assumed to be an
insular concept,
but rather one
that embraces
the whole mess
of the world.

Sure, you've got
your obvious muck
in the American
and European arenas,
even the cultural
rumbas down south
of the US, where
perhaps we could say,
the countries themselves
have seen better
political days.

In China, you can find
the last remnants of
the old Communism fad
(unless you count Cuba
and its crazy Castros,
but I think such things
are more a reaction
to being left out
of all the good
benefits of being
the New World, but
at least they like
baseball), but I
think you could say
we're far more hard
on them than we need
to be. I mean,
it has a greater
domestic product
of babies than
celebrities can
possibly keep up
with. There is
going to be
growing pains.
Everyone has
human rights issues,
everyone, even the guys
who make those lists.

Other than that,
you may also note
the Middle East,
in case you hadn't
noticed. They've
got problems there, too,
just trying to figure out
what it means to be
a citizen of the modern world.
I mean, the New Fade
ain't kind, and it
ain't easy. There's
just going to be
some issues along
the way. Things happen,
feelings are hurt,
mistakes are made.
I'm not making light,
just attempting
to shed it.

I mean,
seriously,
the minute
everyone reacts
to the same thing
in the same way,
someone should make
sure a starfish
hasn't been fastened
to all those faces.

I have hope.
Yeah,
I'm stupid like that,
but I do think
we're figuring
this shit out.

No comments: