Thursday, June 26, 2008

Deconstructing the Index

The only way to make it
is to trick yourself into view.
They won't notice or care
and you won't make a mark
unless you misdirect attention
your way. Doesn't matter
what you've got, you're worthless.
Until you create the accident.

I used to act,
now I perform a show
whenever I feel like it
at work,
no director, no script,
and a stage wherever I want.

Johnny Depp
was a cinematic Paris Hilton
before he slipped into his Sparrow.

I went to the same high school,
same college, had the same teacher
who criticized him (but she, uh,
liked me), but I never got into
Stephen King until a couple of movies
put him in my must-read stack.

He may have had ways to
engender himself to the crowd,
but Ric Flair learned
to be The Man he had to become The Man
by becoming the most dedicated
star in the business.

It's a bitch of a way to go.

No comments: