Thursday, April 3, 2008

PoetiX

" the archaic
" the anarchist
" the all-consuming

Preludes

Poetry Month was supposed
to be this month, but
for a number of reasons,
I celebrated it
in March (for Putin).

If no other body of society
is allowed to schism,
then poets should be,
if for no other reason
than it is their birthright,
for theirs is the ability
to contradict, to rise above
mere democratics and say
what must be said, whether
they are in agreement
or not, because for the poet,
to be heard is not merely
to be agreed with, but
for the caged bird to sing,
for loose sounds to be captured,
for the North Star to point
southward, and for all
natural things to act unnaturally,
so that they may be understood.

I guess I don't always
understand this myself,
but I have taken a vow,
and so must proclaim it
anyway, just because I must.

No comments: